In these hot summer days we all get tired and annoyed with the heat and need something to calm us down. This tastes like spiced lemonade. You can get the savory flavor mix for this drink in shop Jal-jeera packets at any Asian supermarket, but they don’t taste very good. Fresh ones are delicious. This beverage is well-known for its digestive qualities. As a result, it is served as an appetizer as well as an after-meal beverage.
Jaljeera is the perfect drink for you to fight these hot summer days. It cools you down and gives your mind some peace of mind. According to Indian households, making the perfect jaljeera is an art. Jaljeera holds a special place in the hearts of Indians especially during the summers.
Recipe Of Jaljeera
First, make sure you have all the ingredients at hand.
- Cumin- 3 tablespoons
- Hing- 1 pinch
- Black salt- 1 pinch
- Sugar- 1 tablespoon
- Salt- 1 teaspoon
- Black pepper corn- 5 pieces
- Mint with roots- 20g
- lemon – 1 unit
- Ginger- 1 teaspoon
- Green chillies- 1 unit ( as per your preference)
- Cook the cumin seeds and black pepper until they turn brown and begin to release their aroma. Allow it to cool.
- Powder the roasted spice in a blender jar.
- Make a fine paste with the ginger, mint leaves, green chili, and some water.
- 1 liter of ice water and paste in a jar or large bowl Combine thoroughly. Squeeze in the lemon juice, then season with hing, sugar, salt, and black salt. Vigorous stirring and strain. Place in the fridge to cool. Chill before serving.
It is essential to present this refreshing beverage in the best possible way. You’ll need the right tumbler glasses to complement the look of your jaljeera.
Some addons as per your taste
- You can add more sugar if you want it to be sweeter.
- You can add a bit of soda to the jaljeera once it’s ready, as you top it up with soda it gives a more tingly taste.
Health benefits of drinking jaljeera
- Eliminates abdominal discomfort: The ginger in jaljeera relieves nausea and dizziness. If you have abdominal cramps, puking, menstrual cramps, arthritis, or intestinal gas, you can drink jaljeera.
- Aids digestion: The black salt in the jaljeera mix aids digestion by fighting intestinal gas. Jaljeera relieves heartburn and replenishes the body.
- Stops anaemia: Because cumin is high in iron, it helps to prevent anaemia. Jaljeera also boosts immunity and keeps you cool. Learn about the health advantages of cumin seeds, also known as jeera.
- Low in calories: You can drink jaljeera whenever you like without worrying about how many calories it contains. It is regarded as the best warmer months beverage because it continues to keep you hydrated while also detoxifying your system.
Why do people like drinking jaljeera?
Many people use jaljeera as a digestive aid because it contains mint powder, jeera, rock salt, amchoor powder, and hing, all of which are beneficial to digestion. Furthermore, jaljeera is beneficial for detoxifying the body while keeping the individual relaxed and not feeling sluggish throughout the day. Many Indians have a penchant for extremely spicy and flamboyant cuisine. In this case, you’ve met your spice quota for the day, and your body’s acidity will be higher as well. Furthermore, if you end up with jaljeera, everything is highly likely to come out together. It will not have the same effect on the body as jaljeera.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can we drink jaljeera empty stomach?
You can drink it on an empty stomach. Jaljeera has numerous advantages. It battles diseases and lowers your chances of becoming ill. Diabetes patients will benefit from jeera water. To lower blood sugar levels, drink it on an empty belly.
Is jaljeera good for gas?
According to one expert, jaljeera, a relaxing and natural drink, can aid in the treatment of intestinal gas and poor digestion. Jaljeera contains black salt, which is beneficial to digestion.
Is jaljeera good for acidity?
Jaljeera is an excellent remedy for acidity. After a heavily loaded or oily meal, sip on this beverage to help relieve nausea.